2004 AW Deerfield River Festival
American Whitewater's Deerfield River Festival
July 30th - Aug 1st Charlemont, MA (in the field across from Zoar Outdoor)
American Whitewater and F.L.O.W. started the Deerfield River Festival in 1994 to celebrate the successful dam relicensing process that took place on the Deerfield in 1993.
The event focuses on bringing people to Charlemont, MA to enjoy a weekend of outdoor activities while showcasing whitewater paddlesports and raising funds for AW. The main activities take place on Saturday afternoon/evening July 31st and provide entertainment for both outdoor and whitewater enthusiasts.
As in the past years the Deerfield River Festival will include a outdoor gear marketplace with over 30 vendors, a silent auction full of whitewater and outdoor gear, special activities for the young and old, live music, and great food and refreshments.
This year some new and exciting things are coming to the Deerfield River Festival including:
· Brand New style of whitewater competition on the Dryway! Find a buddy and click here for more details.
· Film premieres on the BIG Screen
· EMS's "Raise the Roof" Tour Bus with its 30 foot high climbing wall and 42" plasma TV screen!
· The New England's first-ever AW Club Cup
· River Runs for AW members with Tanya Shuman, Karen Roy, and Amy Jimmerson.
All Proceeds from the festival support American Whitewater's conservation and access work throughout the Northeast. Come out and join us for a weekend of great paddling, exciting competitions, and awesome live entertainment. More Information.