Volunteer of the Month - Presented by Kokatat
American Whitewater is very excited to announce the recipient of our July 2011 Volunteer of the Month award: the entire Potomac Fest volunteer team!
Potomac Fest is the largest privately run fundraiser for AW in the whole US! Each year, we're impressed with the dedication and hard work of the PoFest team. They have three days of events with six different competitions. Plus, there were three community focused events this year too including a community paddle, a special Family Day event with Team River Runner and a free intro to slalom clinic. Not to mention the great party they put on at the end. Anyone can appreciate the complexity and motivation it takes to put on an event like this each year.
We hope you'll join us in saying thanks to the Potomac Fest volunteers! Thanks everyone!
Some of the core members of the team are listed below, if you see 'em make sure you give them a high five.
- Fern Abrams – Treasurer, Crowd Control, Pre-Registration
- Scott Anderson – Boatercross and Paddle for the Potomac Community
- Vicki Capone – Silent Auction
- Jim Cavo – Safety and Insurance
- Jason Beakes – Marketing, National Park Service and Paddling School Liaison
- Peter Bross – Wave Surfing and Non-profit Organization Liaision
- Ginny Deseau – On-site Registration and Gear Swap
- Sandrine Degnin – Sponsorship
- Steve Graybill - Squirt
- Koji Hirota – T-Shirts
- Bill Kirby – Attainment Race
- Miki Komlosh – Family Day for First Timers, with Team River Runner
- Julie March – Awards, Artists’ Alley
- Ashley McEwan, Tom McEwan – Great Falls Race
- John Munnell – Great Falls Race, Slalom Demo
- Nathan Nahikian – Paddling School Coordinator, Family Day Instructor
- Jennifer Sass – Volunteer Coordinator
- Risa Shimoda – Chair, Cat Herder
- James Sneeringer – Freestyle, Webmaster
- Tom Verratti – Po’Fest Party