A healthy, vibrant, participatory and functional Board of Directors
is critical to the long term stability and effective governance of American Whitewater. This
requires Directors with a passion for our mission and a mix of appropriate skills to help guide
AW and meet the challenges we face, both now and in the future.
In 2017 we have one Director seat being vacated and are searching for a candidate that represents
the inter-mountain west, and Colorado specifically.
Serving on the AW Board of Directors is a voluntary (unpaid) commitment that requires the
• Board terms are three years
• Participation in a minimum of three teleconference calls annually
• Attendance at face-to-face Board meeting
Please carefully review the Board
of Directors Recruitment Information Package
. This package explains the role and
responsibility of an AW Director, the required qualifications, the necessary commitment and the
process by which Director’s are nominated and elected to serve.
2017 AW Board of Directors Election Timeline:
• August 1 - Nomination recruitment ends
• August/September - Nomination review process
• October 1 - Successful nominees notified
• November 1 - Election begins
• December 15 - Election ends
• December 16 - New AW Directors are notified