Colorado Gives Day is December 10th... but you can schedule your donation now!
Colorado Gives Day is next Tuesday, December 10th! On this day, folks from around the state and country give to Colorado-based nonprofits like ours, with matches provided by ColoradoGives. Go here to schedule your online donation to support American Whitewater's Colorado River Access Program. Our Colorado based regional team works on river access and conservation issues from flow protection, water quality enhancement, Wild and Scenic eligibility and management, as well as state level policies that highlight river recreation and the industry it supports. In 2020, American Whitewater is dedicated to protecting access to our rivers. American Whitewater's Colorado Access Program works to improve public access to rivers and works directly with landowners, law makers, and paddlers to minimize access conflicts across the state.
This past year our Colorado base team accomplished:
- Designation of 63 miles of the Green River (UT) as Wild and Scenic
- The first tour of 9 legislative engagement trainings around Colorado for members and friends to empower river lovers to make their voices heard by decision makers
- Hired a new Policy Strategist to broaden our presence at the Capitol
- Identified recreational use on rivers around the state to be included in Stream Management Plan
- Crafted a community-driven proposal that prioritizes human-powered recreation and conservation in the Grand Mesa, Uncompahgre, and Gunnison National Forests
- Hosted the 30th anniversary Gore Race and festival
- And much more!
By supporting American Whitewater and our initiatives, you are helping to further research, advocacy, and management programs that support public health and quality of life, recreational flow protections, economic development, and secure access to rivers you love to paddle. Supporters share our vision that our nation's remaining wild and free-flowing rivers stay that way, our developed rivers are restored to function and flourish, that the public has access to rivers for recreation, and that river enthusiasts are active and effective river advocates. Learn more by clicking here.
Note: You can either create a Colorado Gives Donor account, or make one-time donations as a guest and need not create an account.
Please help us reach our donation goal on Colorado Gives Day this year! Of course, you can donate to support American Whitewater any time, but Colorado Gives makes it easy and increases the impact of your donation.
Thanks for your support!