Old browser warning

Site look funky?  Your browser is either Internet Explorer (hit refresh (F5) several times due to a bug in Microsoft's code that we can't work around) or is 10 years old and standards-based layouts and styling confuse it.   Consider updating.  One excellent option is Mozilla Firefox, versions of which are available for Linux, Mac and Windows. Safari 1.0+ and IE 6.0+ are also supported.

Anunson Dam in 1880


Description: Anunson Trace Rapids start on the site where this dam was built. Built in 1880 by John and Halvor Anunson, it remained in place for the last log drive in 1908 ad was removed in 1910. The earth embankments and some in-river rocky debris are all that remain of the dam. When the Girard Lumber Company put in its railroad nearby it spelled the end of log drives.
Author: John   Location: @Popple B) Newald Tower Rd to Morgan Lake Rd (4.7 miles), WI
Subject:  Rapid:
Date: 03/02/18  Level:
Size: 1.37MB  Format: jpeg
AW Photo ID: 888954   AW Reach ID:

Anunson Dam in 1880

Author of photo
John

User Comments

Users can submit comments.

No Comments