Want to paddle in Ecuador? Help AW grow and win a trip!
AW's Paddle Ecuador! Contest
Imagine...lush rainforests, clean warm water, lava cliffs, tree-lined banks, tropical
birds, waterfalls, polished granite bolders. You could be there!
Sign up for the contest today
and get one free entry
in the drawing for a 7-day trip
in ECUADOR. Click here!
About the contest
You probably know at least a handful of people who want to protect and paddle whitewater rivers just as much as you do. When they join American Whitewater, they'll help us make a difference in conservation and access battles across the country. After all, we are the only organization working full-time on protecting whitewater rivers - and your right to paddle them.
That's why for every 2 American Whitewater members you help recruit, we'll enter your name in a drawing for a FREE 7-day paddling trip in Ecuador with Small World Adventures.
How to WIN
- Earn one free entry in the drawing by signing up for the contest online today.
Encourage your friends to join AW! Tell them they can help AW preserve great whitewater
runs across the country. Mention our access and conservation programs - and AW member benefits, including a one-year
subscription to American Whitewater, the premier whitewater journal.
New members can join online or by mailing their check or credit card info to: PO Box 636, Margaretville, NY 12455.
Tell us who you're recruiting! E-mail your names to EcuadorContest@amwhitewater.org, call
866-BOAT-4-AW, or mail them to the address below. We'll automatically enter you in the drawing
when we receive their payment.
Send us your friends' names if you're not sure they've joined - we want to make sure you get credit if they do! (We promise not to use their names for any other purpose.)
- AW members help support our programs that benefit boaters nationwide.
- Members receive American Whitewater, the premier whitewater journal, 4 times a year.
- Our web site offers boaters useful real-time flow and river information, weather, photos, videos, and more!
- Our conservation and access programs are protecting whitewater rivers and boaters' rights across the country! Read about our successes!
Send your paddling friends an e-mail telling them AW is working hard to protect whitewater rivers and their right to paddle them.
Cut and paste into the e-mail this link to our online giving form: http://www.americanwhitewater.org/membership/.
E-mail us the names of people you've contacted (EcuadorContest@amwhitewater.org and we'll credit you in the contest when they join (or call 866-BOAT-4-AW).
GRAND PRIZE: Seven days paddling the exotic whitewater of ECUADOR with
Small World Adventures!
Travel valid through February 8, 2003. Winner to be announced February 8, 2002. Airfare not included.
Read more about the trip!
- Bring in the MOST MEMBERS and win a load of goodies, including:
- a copy of the new book, River Chasers
- whitewater videos
- an AW t-shirt
- Whitewater river posters
- Cork AW Coasters: you'll get one for every 2 members you recruit. Collect a whole set
and increase your chances in the drawing!
- Individuals will receive one entry in a drawing for a 7-day trip in Ecuador PLUS an AW coaster for every 2 new AW members recruited.
- AW affiliate clubs will receive one drawing entry for every 10 new members they bring it.
- There's no limit on the number of times your name can be entered. Increase your chances by recruiting more members!
How can your new members join?
- ONLINE through our membership page. Ask them to put your name in the comments or "referred by" section.
BY MAIL: Collect the dues and send them to us yourself or let your recruits send AW
their dues directly.
Make checks payable to: American Whitewater, PO Box 636, Margaretville, NY 12455.
- Receive credit for new members, renewed lapsed members, or existing members who make an additional gift of $25 or more.
- Sign up as a participant to receive updates on the contest and to ensure you get proper credit and recognition. Limit one free entry per person for signing up.
- Membership dues must be received by January 31, 2002 in order to be eligible.
- Contest void where prohibited. For drawing entry send a self addressed stamped envelope to: PO Box 636, Margaretville, NY 12455.
- Questions? Call 1-866-boat-4-aw or e-mail EcuadorContest@amwhitewater.org