By making a donation to American Whitewater you take an active role in protecting and restoring whitewater rivers through our River Stewardship program. Our stewardship work is possible only through your support, and your contribution plays a vital role in protecting and restoring the special place that you love. We are a lean and efficient organization, with 83 cents of every dollar going to directly support our river stewardship work. With your support, we will be better equipped to meet the challenges ahead.
To make a personal donation please visit our Donate page.
Checks may be sent to our main office at: American Whitewater, PO Box 1540, Cullowhee, NC 28723
American Whitewater is happy to receive any level of contribution, it makes a significant difference in the impact of our river stewardship program. On occasion, American Whitewater receives questions about setting up a memorial fund. These legacy gifts enable donors to establish a meaningful and permanent connection to American Whitewater's river stewardship efforts.
To establish a memorial fund please see our information on memorial funds.
If you wish to include American Whitewater in your will please see our info on putting American Whitewater in your will (bequests).
Learn about the American Whitewater Enduring Rivers Circle here. This program has been created exclusively to honor and recognize people who have helped to continue our river stewardship efforts through a gift to American Whitewater in their estate plans.
Benefits of becoming an American Whitewater Enduring Rivers Circle member:
- Your assets remain in your control during your lifetime.
- You can modify your bequest if your circumstances change.
- You can direct your bequest to a particular purpose (be sure to check with American Whitewater staff to make sure your gift can be used as intended).
- There is no upper limit on the estate tax deductions that can be taken for charitable bequests.
- You know that your gift will benefit American Whitewater tomorrow just as you intend it to today.
- Your commitment will be recognized publicly in the American Whitewater Annual Report.