Make a gift for the future, consider a bequest to American Whitewater. Bequests are a simple way to support American Whitewater river stewardship efforts for the long-term by including AW as a provision in your will. Bequests ensure that American Whitewater can continue our critical work to protect the whitewater rivers you care about.
When you put American Whitewater in your will, you leave a lasting legacy to the special places that made a difference in your life. Become a member of the American Whitewater Enduring Rivers Circle, created exclusively to honor and recognize people who have helped to continue our river stewardship efforts through a gift to American Whitewater in their estate plans. As an Enduring Rivers Circle member, you will receive special recognition to serve as a reminder of your ongoing commitment to river stewardship. You will join a circle of individuals who are making it possible for our children and future generations to experience for themselves the rivers that have coursed through our lives and made them so much richer. Your commitment will be recognized publicly in the American Whitewater Annual Report, unless you prefer to give anonymously. American Whitewater Executive Director, Mark Singleton, can provide information and assistance to donors considering a planned gift. Learn more about the American Whitewater Enduring Rivers Circle at this link.
Benefits of becoming an American Whitewater Enduring Rivers Circle member:
- Your assets remain in your control during your lifetime.
- You can modify your bequest if your circumstances change.
- You can direct your bequest to a particular purpose (be sure to check with American Whitewater staff to make sure your gift can be used as intended).
- There is no upper limit on the estate tax deductions that can be taken for charitable bequests.
- You know that your gift will benefit American Whitewater tomorrow just as you intend it to today.
- Your commitment will be recognized publicly in the American Whitewater Annual Report.
I give, devise, and bequeath _[$] or [%]___ to American Whitewater, TAX I.D. #23-7083760. American Whitewater may be contacted in care of its Executive Office, PO Box 1540, Cullowhee, NC 28723.
I give, devise, and bequeath to American Whitewater, TAX I.D. #23-7083760, all [or state the fraction or percentage] of the rest, residue, and remainder of my estate, both real and personal. American Whitewater may be contacted in care of its Executive Office, PO Box 1540, Cullowhee, NC 28723.